Do what you love, love what you! Literally stolen from a //ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdHtml&MarketPlace=US&source=ac&ref=tf_til&ad_type=product_link&tracking_id=whatchamaca01-20&marketplace=amazon®ion=US&placement=B0155NF9N4&asins=B0155NF9N4&linkId=98517d0904de44acd12d027884330a0b&show_border=false&link_opens_in_new_window=false&price_color=333333&title_color=0066c0&bg_color=ffffff“>Life is Good t-shirt, just there on a rectangle on the shirt hanging in my bathroom. My Mother had passed and I was trying to figure out, “What do I do NOW!” I have 2 kids in high school and 1 kid in grade school! I admit ADHD took hold. I did job hop and dabble in an Etsy shop. I did learn very much as I wandered through 4 jobs. All of that aside. I am very lucky that I get to do what I love and I do love what I do! I still have an Etsy shop. And yes that has changed too! I make teething necklaces for Moms to wear when babies are teething. I still work in a variety of media, my current favorite is hand lettering with chalk and chalk paint pens on chalkboards. I make them for family and gift giving.
It has taken me a long time to, do what I love and love what I do! My very favorite thing to do that I love the very most is to do the best that I can at taking care of my family!
#lovewordpress #blogginguniversity #bloggingfundamentals #nevereverthoughtiwouldblog #luvwriting #loveblogging
Shop Amazon – Valentine’s Day
I first began drawing Chalk Drawings about 6 years ago. I had no idea what I was doing. Pinterest www.pinterest.com is amazing. It is known as the world’s catalog of ideas. It truly is that great. I started pinning hand drawn lettering. My favorite fonts are the pages on Pinterest that are old Speedball ink pages. Originally drawn in the 1920s and 1930s. I discovered many hand drawn posters. There is some amazing art on Pinterest.
- Buy a frame that you know will go with your decor. Measure the inside of the back where the glass would have been. Let’s say 8″ by 10″.
- Go to Home Depot they have chalk painted Masonite 2′ by 4′. At Home Depot they will make the cuts for you. They do a great job. Have them cut into many 8″ by 10″ boards. Approximately-18 pieces.
- You could put the chalk board Masonite in the frame or wait until you finish. I like to work with it in the frame so that if you decorate along the edges it will be proportional.
- Gather your materials: sharp pencils, pencil sharpener, an eraser, wet paper towels (wet paper towels can remove chalk and marker mistakes), dry paper towels, chalk and or chalk markers.
- Begin by coming up with an idea. I like to make family mottos, birth announcements, fun quotes, name boards and many others. The choices are endless.
- Start drawing the layout with pencil. This way you practice and you figure out if everything you want to draw will fit.
- Once you are happy with the pencil drawing you can then begin drawing with chalk. I do not end up drawing exactly on the pencil lines. This adds a uniqueness to your art work. I prefer the chalk marker pens because they are versatile. You can wipe off just the mistake not the whole drawing.
- Make sure the drawing looks balanced. I take a picture in the middle. For some reason the drawings look better in a photo. You can find flaws easily. See below.
- Keep adding chalk drawing to the board look at it to make sure there are no errors and to see if there is negative blank space that you can fill with a doodle, a flower, a shape, or a ribbon.
- When you are happy with how it looks take another photo and pin that sucker on Pinterest! You did it, you hopefully now are in love with chalk drawings. Remember that art is not perfection it is unique.
This is a new one a gift for someone for Christmas!